Premises Liability Claims: Help Is Available
Were you injured on someone else’s property? Did you hurt your back when you fell in a grocery store? Did you slip and fall on wet floors at your office? Did you trip because a tree root had broken a piece of sidewalk? You may be entitled to compensation.
We encourage you to call us if you were injured, even if you think your case is small. At Sarkisian Sarkisian & Associates, we have successfully handled hundreds of premises liability cases. We know that even minor injuries can develop into major ones, and what can happen when people wait to get help.
Call our offices in Portage and Valparaiso at 219-841-5689 for help throughout Northwest Indiana and Chicago. We will schedule you for a free consultation.
What Is Considered A Valid Premises Liability Claim?
You can recover for injuries on public or private land, inside or outside and at a commercial or residential property. In the most general terms, you could have a valid claim for personal injury compensation anywhere there is an unsafe condition that causes you to suffer injury.
Can you do anything to protect your case? Yes! Essentially the same rules apply whether you slip on a property or are in a crash. Snap pictures on your cellphone, talk to witnesses and get their contact information.
Common dangerous or hazardous conditions include:
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks
- Ice or snow that has not been properly removed
- Unsafe work sites
- Spilled liquid or debris left in the aisles
- Wet floors that lack warning signs
- Slippery surfaces around pools
- Uneven transitions between flooring
- Overgrown plants that block visibility at intersections
- Poorly designed parking lots
- Dangerous playground structures
- Railings that are flimsy or too short
- Staircases that have rotten wood
- Decks that are not properly attached
- Inadequate lighting
- Inadequate security measures
Do You Believe You Have A Claim? We Will Evaluate Your Case For Free.
You know you have been injured, but you might not know if you have a claim. That is OK. Do what you can to document the hazard, like taking pictures of the debris you tripped over, and call us. We can help you evaluate your case in a free initial consultation with a lawyer.