Social Security Disability: Pursuing Necessary Benefits
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a federal program that pays benefits when you are no longer able to work due to a medical condition. These benefits may be crucial to paying bills and buying the basic necessities for you and your family. Approval means everything, but the Social Security Administration (SSA) does not make things easy.
At Sarkisian Sarkisian & Associates, we help make the Social Security Disability (SSD) claims process go as smoothly and quickly as possible for you. We can help you whether you need assistance with your initial disability claim or appealing a denial. With offices in Portage and Valparaiso, we are conveniently situated to represent you throughout Northwest Indiana and Chicago.
Was your SSD claim denied? Call us at 219-265-6061 to schedule your free initial consultation with a lawyer.
What Do You Need To Know About SSDI?
You know you need benefits, but the process can be frustrating and confusing. We will answer your specific questions when you speak with us in person, but here are a few things we think you should know now.
- You do not have to wait to file an application. Your condition must be severe to qualify for benefits. The general definition of severe is that it is expected to last at least one year or is fatal. Note the use of the word “expected.” You do not have to live with a condition for a year before applying.
- The SSA denies approximately two-thirds of all initial applications. If your claim was denied, don’t give up. Don’t assume that your case is hopeless.
- You have a limited time to submit your appeal. If you receive a notice of denial, you have only 65 days in which you can submit your appeal. The sooner you contact us the better.
- You may still obtain benefits if your condition is not listed. The SSA maintains a listing of impairments. If your condition is not listed, it only means that you have to jump through a couple of extra hoops.
- Inexperience and mistakes can cause delays. The process takes time. When the SSA has to ask for clarification or more information, it only adds more time. Our experience and attention to detail help ensure that your application or appeal is complete.
Need Help With Your Application Or Appeal? Contact Us For A Free Consultation.
Do not attempt to handle your claim alone. Call our personal injury attorneys at 219-265-6061 or email us. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge attorneys fees unless we are successful in helping you obtain benefits.